AWESOME is accepting nominations for the 2018 AWESOME Legendary Leadership Award, which honors outstanding women in senior supply chain leadership roles. Nominations are due by November 30, 2017.
The objective of the ALL Award is to recognize outstanding women who have advanced in supply chain leadership roles so they may serve as role models and inspiration to other women. According to Nancy Nix, AWESOME Executive Director, “The ALL Award is an important way to build awareness of women’s significance throughout our field.”
She continued, “As AWESOME works to advance women supply chain leaders, it is also our goal to recognize women supply chain leaders who have achieved extraordinary accomplishments and success.“
The AWESOME Legendary Leadership (ALL) Award has been presented at each annual AWESOME Symposium, beginning in 2014, to recognize two women supply chain leaders who have:
- Achieved extraordinary professional excellence and success
- Addressed challenges impacting opportunities for women in our field
- Advanced the changing landscape of women’s supply chain leadership
The 2018 ALL Awards will be presented at a dinner event as part of the 2018 AWESOME Symposium, scheduled for May 2018. It is particularly important that honorees are present for the dinner and awards ceremony to receive the award. Also at the Symposium, each recipient’s company is presented with the AWESOME Company Leadership Award for “being the kind of company that recognizes and values excellence in women leaders.”
To submit a nomination, please send the following nomination materials to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Two nomination letters, at least one from a senior leader who is a member of the AWESOME network or who is eligible to become a member, highlighting the reasons your nominee is deserving of the award.
- Complete contact information for each nominator and the candidate: include name, title, company, phone number, email address, and mailing address
- The candidate’s resume
- Articles or other reference materials highlighting the candidate’s demonstrated leadership in supply chain, in outreach initiatives, and in support of women’s leadership (e.g. articles, speaking engagements, participation on Boards or with non-profit organizations, or other volunteer activities)
Read more about criteria.
Previous ALL recipients include:
Heather Sheehan, Vice President, Indirect Sourcing and Logistics, Danaher Corporation
Kathryn Wengel, Vice President, Johnson & Johnson Supply Chain
Beth Ford, EVP and Chief Supply Chain Officer, Land O’Lakes
Debbie Lentz, SVP, Chief Supply Chain Officer, Toys”R”Us
Annette Clayton, EVP & Chief Supply Chain Officer, Global Supply Chain, Schneider Electric
Jackie Sturm, VP, Technology and Manufacturing Group, General Manager of Global Supply Management, Intel Corporation
Francesca DeBiase, Chief Supply Chain and Sustainability Officer, McDonald’s Corporation
Kristin French, retired Brigadier General, U.S. Army and Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary and Acting Assistant Secretary of Defense, Logistics and Materiel Readiness, U. S. Department of Defense