Nancy Nix, Executive Director Emeritus of AWESOME, spoke to participants of the 20th Annual Logistics CIO Forum about ensuring deployment of technology as a strategic competitive weapon. Nancy served as conference chair of the event in Austin, Texas.
In her powered by AWESOME remarks, Nancy challenged the Logistics CIOs to answer these questions:
- As technology leaders, do you have a seat at the table in your company’s strategic planning process? Are you connected to your customers’ strategies?
- Are you focusing on an integrated view of supply chain and its contribution?
- Do you have a clear view of how competitors are positioned from a technology viewpoint?
- Do leaders in your organization understand new technologies and capabilities they bring?
- Are you focused on technology as a tool to deliver customer value? Lower cost? Are you communicating in terms of metrics that matter?
- Are you positioning your organization for current and future success?
She also reminded the audience there is a shortage of talent and that the ability to attract diverse candidates and people with critical technology skills is essential to success.