Since 2013, when Ann Drake founded AWESOME to advance and transform the future of supply chain leadership, the organization has been bringing together senior women leaders in supply chain for connecting, learning, collaboration, recognition and inspiration. The AWESOME community is now more than 1,500 women in diverse senior supply chain leadership roles across a broad spectrum of organizations, and the impact of the organization extends to leaders in all areas of supply chain, the business community, and beyond. Ann continues as AWESOME Chair.
In 2020, Michelle Dilley became AWESOME’s first CEO, bringing more than 25 years of experience spanning the full range of supply chain leadership roles.
Within the COVID environment preventing in-person events, AWESOME expanded and energized virtual programming. In 2020, more than 30 virtual events were presented, with a total participation of more than 2,000, as well as many more who watched recorded programs after the event. In-person programming will resume as that becomes possible.
AWESOME in 2021
In addition to continuing with events that involve women leaders throughout supply chain, in 2021 AWESOME will…
- raise the visibility of women’s leadership by engaging leaders to serve as expert speakers and panelists
- recognize outstanding women with the AWESOME Legendary Leadership (ALL Award)
- expand the AWESOME Excellence in Education Scholarship Program to award 20 scholarships each year (previously 5 each year) for women attending university supply chain management programs and add a $5,000 tuition award to the experiential component
- continue to provide additional programs for Scholars: the AWESOME Scholar Forum that provides career and leadership development content, and AWESOME Scholar CONNECT!, an initiative designed to build a community of future women leaders
- partner with MIT on the Advancing Women through Education (AWE) Fellowship for women to pursue a supply chain master’s degree at MIT
- collaborate with other organizations, such as Gartner Research, C200, and Deloitte, on key initiatives to advance women’s leadership.