A ground-breaking supply chain leadership initiative
In October 2012, Ann Drake, then-CEO of DSC Logistics, became the first woman to receive the Distinguished Service Award from Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP) since the award was created in 1965. For 47 years, no woman had been recognized.
Three months after receiving the award, Ann launched AWESOME. The response from the women Ann contacted was enthusiastic and unanimous: The time was ripe for advancing women’s supply chain leaders. Women in diverse leadership roles throughout the industry were ready to connect with, expand and leverage a strong community in order to advance and transform the future of supply chain.
The following highlights have built momentum:
- Engaged nearly 1,500 senior supply chain leaders from a wide range of companies and industries
- Hosted 7 Annual Symposiums & 4 Regional Events
- Given 14 AWESOME Legendary Leadership awards
- Established 32 University partnerships and future supply chain leaders scholarships/fellowships
- Published the “Action Agenda: Making Waves”
- Partnered with Gartner Research on annual Women in Supply Chain Study