AWESOME (Achieving Women’s Excellence in Supply Chain Operations, Management & Education) is the supply chain’s most active and prominent organization focused on advancing women’s supply chain leadership. Involving senior executives in a wide range of supply chain roles (view criteria), AWESOME provides opportunities for collaboration, learning, recognition and inspiration.
- Facilitates collaboration among senior leaders
- Enhances visibility for the accomplishments and expertise of senior supply chain leaders
- Partners with others in the profession to improve the climate for advancing women
- Inspires and encourages the development of emerging leaders and young professionals
In 2018, AWESOME partnered with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology to create the Advancing Women through Education (AWE) Scholarship, providing full tuition for an early career woman to pursue a master’s degree in supply chain management at MIT.
AWESOME also partners with Gartner Research to conduct annually the Women in Supply Chain study to track the progress of women’s advancement.
A group of AWESOME Advisors works with the Founder and the Executive Director to set goals and priorities.
Ann Drake, founder of AWESOME and CEO of DSC Logistics
- Heather Sheehan, Executive Director
- Dr. Nancy Nix, Executive Director Emeritus